This is contained in a statement issued the Secretary to Osun State Government, Mr Tesleem Igbalaye, on Monday.
Igbalaye said the decision for the suspension was sequel to several petitions bordering on alleged financial impropriety and abuse of office brought against the chairman and members of his commission.
“Gov. Adeleke has directed the immediate suspension of the Chairman of the Osun State Independent Electoral Commission (OSIEC), Mr Segun Oladitan.
“Others are Mr Yusuf Oyeniran, Alhaja Suibat Adubi, Prince Yinka Ajiboye, Mrs Abosede Omibeku,Mr Dosu Gidigbi and Mr Wahab Adewoyin.
“This suspension is sequel to several petitions bothering on financial impropriety, dereliction of duty, absenteeism and abuse of office against the said Chairman and members of the Commission.
“Pending the outcome of investigation , the Secretary of the Commission shall hold forth in running the affairs of the commission,” the state government said.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets