One of the son of the late emir Abdullahi Ado Bayero of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, has been appointed along with three other District Head to become First Class Emirs in their respective domains in Kano.
Ado Bayero is now named the Emir of Bichi emirate, ROYAL NEWS reports.
This followed the creation of four new Emirates councils by Governor Abdullahi Ganduje barely 48 hours ago.
The government also confirmed the upgrading of District Heads of Karaye, Rano and Gaya to first class emirs for their respective emirates.
Confirming the appointments, Malam Muhammad Garba, the State’s Commissioner of Information, said the new emirs would receive their letters of appointment on Saturday at Sani Abacha Indoor Stadium.
Until his appointment as emir, Bayero was the Wamban Kano, a position given to him by the present emir of Kano, Muhammed Sanusi II after promoting the former Wambai, Alhaji Abbas Sanusi to the rank of Galadima following the death of late Galadiman Kano Tijjani Hashim.
Other emirs of Karaye, Gaya and Rano, who were upgraded To the status of emirs from district heads are Sarkin Karaye Alhaji Tafida Abubakar ll, Sarkin Gaya Alhaji Ibrahim Abdulkadir Gaya and Dr Ibrahim Abubakar ll.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner