The National Secretary of Action Democratic Party, Dr James Okoroma, has been expelled.
The party’s National Chairman, Yabagi Sani, disclosed this at a press conference in Abuja on Saturday.
Sani said the National Executive Committee of the party had approved the suspension which also affected 13 other members of the NEC.
He said the affected persons were expelled for alleged anti-party activities and insubordination.
He added that they were also accused of causing disaffection and division among party members.
He said the party has approved the appointment of Dr Steve Uwazie as the party’s new National Secretary.
Sani alleged that the former national secretary was discovered to have been an agent of the All Progressives Grand Alliance.
He claimed that he worked for the APGA governorship candidate in Imo State, Ifeanyi Ararume, during the last general election.
Sani also claimed that the former National Secretary took resources of the party and the vehicle given to him as the Director-General of the party’s Campaign Council and rebranded it in APGA colours during the elections.
“Okoroma branded our vehicle in APGA’s colour and campaigned for Ararume against our candidates and we have videos of his activities,” he claimed.
Uwazie also said the party has resolved that one of the leaders of the party in the South-South, Senator Rowland Owie, is to appear before the party’ disciplinary committee.
He said Owie was expected to explain his alleged involvement in pitching some state chapters against the leadership of the party, contrary to the constitution of the party.
Other officers expelled are Esther Oche, Chief Iboro lge-Edaba, Temitope Salami, Edobor Oghosa, Alhaji Lateef Arowosaye, Andrew Daman, Dr Theophilus Ezeala and Dr Ikponwen Osaze.
Others are Dr Ehigbor Johnson, Dennis Okatubo, Victoria Goodluck, Dahiru Yabo, Ibrahim Saulawa, Muhammad A. Ghali, Grema Musa, and James Ude.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74