The National Secretary of Action Democratic Party, Dr James Okoroma, has been expelled.
The party’s National Chairman, Yabagi Sani, disclosed this at a press conference in Abuja on Saturday.
Sani said the National Executive Committee of the party had approved the suspension which also affected 13 other members of the NEC.
He said the affected persons were expelled for alleged anti-party activities and insubordination.
He added that they were also accused of causing disaffection and division among party members.
He said the party has approved the appointment of Dr Steve Uwazie as the party’s new National Secretary.
Sani alleged that the former national secretary was discovered to have been an agent of the All Progressives Grand Alliance.
He claimed that he worked for the APGA governorship candidate in Imo State, Ifeanyi Ararume, during the last general election.
Sani also claimed that the former National Secretary took resources of the party and the vehicle given to him as the Director-General of the party’s Campaign Council and rebranded it in APGA colours during the elections.
“Okoroma branded our vehicle in APGA’s colour and campaigned for Ararume against our candidates and we have videos of his activities,” he claimed.
Uwazie also said the party has resolved that one of the leaders of the party in the South-South, Senator Rowland Owie, is to appear before the party’ disciplinary committee.
He said Owie was expected to explain his alleged involvement in pitching some state chapters against the leadership of the party, contrary to the constitution of the party.
Other officers expelled are Esther Oche, Chief Iboro lge-Edaba, Temitope Salami, Edobor Oghosa, Alhaji Lateef Arowosaye, Andrew Daman, Dr Theophilus Ezeala and Dr Ikponwen Osaze.
Others are Dr Ehigbor Johnson, Dennis Okatubo, Victoria Goodluck, Dahiru Yabo, Ibrahim Saulawa, Muhammad A. Ghali, Grema Musa, and James Ude.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign