The Senator representing Kogi West in the national assembly, Dino Melaye, has attacked the Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello for hugging a paramount ruler in the State.
A picture has surfaced on Instagram showing Bello hugging 90-year old traditional ruler, Alhaji Ado Ibrahim.
Melaye, who is aspiring to be Kogi State Governor in November lashed out at Bello for what he termed a despicable act.
The lawmaker wondered if Governor Aminu Tambuwal or Governor Nasir El-Rufai would do such a thing which Bello had done in disregard to the elderly monarch.
Melaye wrote on his Instagram page: “Very disrespectful and rude Governor Yahaya Bello hugging his paramount traditional ruler Alhaji Ado Ibrahim who is over 90 years.
“Can Gov Tambuwal hug the Sultan? Or will El-rufai hug the Emir of Zaria? If this disobedient child will not respect the seat of Ohinoyi, he should respect the age of HRM. Home training is not a gift.”
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn
- Over 50 Emirs, others witness late Dutse monarch’s funeral prayer
- Emir Sulu-Gambari commiserates with Jigawa govt. over Dutse monarch’s death
- Gov. AbdulRazaq inaugurates APC campaign council in Kwara
- Media expert harps on importance of free press on democracy