Mr Ali Isa, House of Representatives aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has been declared winner at the party’s primary election to represent Federal Constituency of Gombe.
One of the 62 delegates to the primary election was absent.
Abubakar said Rambi Ayala scored nine votes; Zebulum Wasa scored eight votes, while Yusuf Jiddah got one vote.
He said 10 aspirants contested the primary election.
Abubakar said the election was conducted in a free and fair manner and in a peaceful atmosphere.
Isa later appreciated the delegates from the constituency for the confidence reposed in him by the delegates.
The candidate said he would reach out to other contestants to ensure that the party presented a “unified and formidable team’’ ahead of the 2023 general elections.
“Already 90 per cent of the contestants have embraced and congratulated me so I assure you we are going to work together as one team,’’ he said.
At the primary election held at Akko Federal Constituency, Aishatu Ahmed, a former commissioner for education in Gombe emerged victorious.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community