Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos becomes the World’s first person to have a net worth of $200 billion
Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos has become the first person in the World to have a net worth of $200 billion.
Forbes reported that Bezos was worth $204.6 billion as of 1:50 pm ET on Wednesday, August 26, when Amazon stock gained 2%. The 56-year-old who is already the richest person in the world, saw his net worth increase to $204.6 billion from $74 billion during the span of 2020.
According to Forbes’ calculations, Amazon founder’s fortune is the largest ever amassed even when taking inflation into account.
The report said Amazon’s stock price has been skyrocketing over the last few months, as millions of people have been forced to stay inside and order more products online due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The company’s share price has surged more than 100% since March 16, when it was trading for less than $1,700 per share.
Amazon is worth $1.72 trillion, making it the second most valuable company behind Apple, which is worth $2.16 trillion.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- DSS confirms plot by disgruntled elements for Interim Government
- Naira gains, exchanges N461.24 against dollar
- Buhari approves appointment of 6 new Perm Secs.
- Gawuna accepts defeat, congratulates Kano Gov-elect
- Senate urges banks to resume operations in Akwa Ibom
- Man arrested for allegedly raping 9-month-old baby in Lagos
- One Judge dismissed, two others demoted in Niger state
- OYO SUBEB Monitors Unified Exams
- I won’t run from EFCC after handover — Wike
- NASS prescribes 5-yr jail term for defaulters in Fed Audit Bill