Alex Nwora the Nigerian male basketball team coach has decided drop Alade Aminu, Ike Nwamu and Deji Akindele from the D’Tigers squad for the FIBA 2019 competition coming up in China, despite the influence these players had in the World Cup qualifiers, we are not going to see them play in China.
Among the players that made Nwora’s list are Diogu, Ike Iroegbu, Benjamin Uzoh, Al Farouk Aminu, Zanna Talib, Stanley Okoye which were present throughout the qualifiers games, also Stockton Kings, Vincent Nnamdi made the team list together with young new players which are Chimezie Metu, Joshua Okogie and Jordan Nwora
Alex Nwora said according to ripplesnigeria.com “It was very hard pruning the team from 15 to 12 as required by FIBA. If I had my way, we would have registered all the 15 players for the World Cup because all these players have unique qualities that they bring to the team.
These are the best players we have at our disposal right now. We are very aware of expectations back home,”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency