By Daniel Tyokua
The deputy president of the Senate, Ovie Omo-Agege, Orji Kalu including four other senators and some members of the House of Representatives have endorsed the candidacy of Senator Abdullahi Adamu as the next chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Omo-Agege, who spoke at the unveiling of Senator Abdullahi Adamu campaign office in Abuja on Thursday, noted that the senator has all it takes to lead the APC to greater heights.
He stated that the APC needs to elect a national chairman, who would protect and defend the legacies of President Muhammadu Buhari, adding that such a person is Senator Adamu.
The deputy senate president said the senators have graced the unveiling of the campaign headquarters to show their support and solidarity for Senator Adamu, because of his various contributions to the development of the party.
He maintained that if Senators Abdullahi is elected as the national chairman of the APC, the party would win the forthcoming general election in the country.
Speaking earlier, the senate leader, Senator Abdullahi Yahaya, said Abdullahi Adamu has all the attributes of party leadership, adding that there is no other person like the senator, when it comes to party leadership.
Yahaya said Senator Abdullahi Adamu is respected in the Senate because of his contributions, noting that whenever he speaks on the floor of the Senate everyone listens.
Other Senators and House of Representatives members, who were present at the event and spoke in favour of Senator Adamu’s candidacy include the Senate chief Whip, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, Senator Ali Ndume, Senator Adamu Aliero, Chief of the House of Representatives, among other distinguished members of the national assembly.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC