The former Publicity Secretary of APC in the South-East, who expressed his feelings about the bill to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Enugu on Sunday, said it was bad in nature and intent.
NAN recalls that the bill meant to benefit former governors, their deputies and spouses, went through its first reading at the Enugu State House of Assembly on March 11.
Ngwu called for the total condemnation of the bill by all well meaning citizens of the state.
“Should the bill be passed and assented to, there would come a time that after the payment of this category of pensioners, there would be little or nothing for other government services.
“This idea is very obnoxious, repugnant and repressive. We all must stand up and say no to its passage. Is Enugu state no longer in the hands of God?’’ he said.
The APC chieftain noted that such laws were currently being abrogated and jettisoned in other states where they existed across the federation.
According to him, lawmakers should be sensitive to the economic realities of the present as well as the future.
“Where shall the state get the money to back up the implementation of the law if it becomes effective?
“The governor should please suggest to the leadership of the house of assembly to stop forthwith the debate on this bill,’’ he added. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign