Justice Uzor Anyanwu od the Court of Appeal sitting in Kaduna has nullified the election of spokesman of the Senate, Senator Dayo Adeyeye.
The court, on Wednesday, also upheld the tribunal judgment declaring Peoples Democratic Party’s Senator Abiodun Olujimi winner of the Ekiti South Senatorial election held on February 23.
The Independent National Electoral Commission had declared Adeyeye, who ran on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress, winner of the National Assembly election.
Olujimi approached the elections petitions tribunal, seeking declaration that she had the highest number of votes in the election.
She urged the tribunal to nullify the APC candidate’s victory, claiming irregularities in the electoral process.
The tribunal subsequently nullified elections in some polling units and declared Olujimi winner.
All Progressives Congress and its candidate in the election, Dayo Adeyeye appealed the tribunal ruling at the appellate court.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal