President Mohamed Bazoum of Niger Republic has condolled with government and people of Nigeria over the death of Lt. Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, the Chief of Army Staff, along with 10 military officers in a plane crash.
Malam Garba Shehu, the President’s spokesman in a statement in Abuja on Sunday, said the Nigerien leader called President Muhammadu Buhari via telephone conversation to console him over the unfortunate incident.
Bazoum, who described the plane crash and the resultant deaths as tragic and unfortunate, expressed the condolences of the government and people of his country.
He prayed to the Almighty Allah to repose the souls of the deceased and grant fortitude to their families, friends and the entire nation to bear the losses.
In his response, Buhari commended President Bazoum for sharing this moment of grief with Nigerians and assured that the gesture was well noted.
He expressed the nation’s appreciation and gratitude for the sacrifices of the departed military men and promised that the nation would not let their families down.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal