Australian Olympian, Torah Bright, has responded after she was attacked on social media for posting an “insane” nude breastfeeding picture as she performed a handstand.
The 34-year-old showed off her toned physique in a photo she shared with her Instagram followers on Sunday, May 9.
In it, she’s seen wearing only her panties while doing a handstand. Her 10-month-old son, Flow, is seen kneeling to breastfeed as she holds the upside-down position.
The Winter Olympian, who earned a gold and silver medal in the snowboard halfpipe, captioned the photo: “Becoming a mother has unleashed something inside of me.
“It’s deeply spiritual. It’s primal. It’s raw. It’s fierce. It is pure. I am mother.”
Her post earned her praises and criticisms.
One user wrote: “I just don’t get the need to seek attention and post photos of everything you do. I just don’t get it.”
Another added, “My first question is – why?? Sure I get it’s natural & a beautiful thing – but I don’t post my first bowel movement of the day standing on 1 leg. Same thing?”
Bright hit back at the cruel comments, after admitting reading them “made her sad”.
She wrote on her Instagram Story: “In my world, mothers should be each other’s cheer leaders (it’s hard enough). Embrace our quirkiness and finding the joy in every sh***y thing that is motherhood.
“We all do it differently. It is not wrong or right. Motherhood is pure. I only now consider myself a Wonder Woman because I have joined the sacred MOTHERS club with you. Nothing but respect to all mothers.”
Bright reminded her followers she was not “looking for praise,” instead proudly saying she “walks this earth to the beat of my own drum, led by my nutrition and search for love and joy … obviously.”
She also related to a quote from Mary Poppins that reads: “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and snap, the job’s a game.”
The renowned Olympic athlete shares Flow with her husband, fellow snowboarder Angus Thomson.
She is Australia’s most successful athlete in Winter Olympic history.
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline