The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) says the average price per litre paid by consumers for national household kerosene increased to N352.93 in October from N347.98 in September.
The bureau made this known in its “National Household Kerosene Price Watch (October 2020)’’ obtained from its website on Tuesday in Abuja.
According to the bureau, the increase is by 1.42 per cent month on-month and by 8.69 per cent year-on-year.
The report said that states with the highest average price per litre of kerosene were Taraba residents who bought the product at N437.50, Ebonyi at N423.81 and Benue N410.
It said that states with the lowest average price per litre of kerosene were Bayelsa whose residents bought at N230.95, Rivers at N285.19 and Oyo at N310.
“Similarly, average price per gallon paid by consumers for kerosene increased by 0.27 per cent month-on-month and by 1.91 per cent year-on-year to N1, 233 in October from N1, 229 in September.
“States with the highest average price per gallon of kerosene were Katsina N1, 369, Jigawa N1, 361 and Enugu N1, 359.
“States with the lowest average price per gallon of kerosene were Delta N979, Osun N1,005 and Ogun N1,079.
The NBS said that in arriving at the statistics, field work was carried out by its staff in all states of the federation supported by supervisors who were monitored by internal and external observers.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)