One of Nigerian Airline operator, AZMAN Airline has been suspended by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).
It was learnt that the decision to suspend the airline was taken at a management meeting of NCAA on Monday after the company planes recorded another second tyre burst in a month.
Our correspondent was informed that an Azman Air from Kaduna to Murtala Muhammad airport in Lagos had a landing gear problem from which has become frequent with the airline.
The aviation regulatory agency faulted the pilot that flew the aircraft from Kaduna as a terrible sound was noticed after takeoff, despite that he continue with the journey.
The NCAA DG, Captain Musa Shuiabu Nuhu on Monday after the meeting directed a letter be written to the airline suspending its operation.
Barely three weeks ago, ROYAL NEWS reports that a Boeing 737-500 aircraft belonging to AZMAN Air had a burst tyre on landing at the runway of the Murtala Mohammed International Airport terminal in Lagos on February 16th,2021.
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) temporarily closed the runway.
A FAAN statement read: “FAAN has announced a temporary closure of Runway 18R/36L at the Murtala Mohammed Airport, Lagos.
“The closure is due to a landing incident involving a Boeing 737 Azman Air aircraft with registration 5N SYS, and flight number ZQ2325.”
“The aircraft had a tyre burst after landing on this runway.
“All passengers and crew onboard the aircraft were safely evacuated at 1908 hours.
When contacted, AZMAN Airline General Manager, Malam Muhammad Lawan told Solacebase on Tuesday that he was in a meeting and promised to call back immediately after.
However, on the Twitter handle of the airline, it posted that it will be suspending its flights for an audit of its safety by the regulators.
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair