The chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM), Abike Dabiri-Arewa has reacted to the sexual assault allegations leveled against Nollywood actor Olarenwaju James popularly known as Baba Ijesha.
Baba Ijesha was recently arrested by the Lagos state police command to allegedly molesting a minor.
In a tweet posted on Thursday, April 29, Dabiri-Erewa attacked the accused actor, dismissing his plea for mercy in a now-viral video where he confessed to the crime.
“So despicable! The act by Yoruba actor, Baba Ijesha, who defied a girl, at 7 years and later at 14 years! Who knows how many the pedophile could have damaged if he wasn’t caught,” Dabiri wrote.
I sponsored the violence against person’s law. The penalty is nothing less than 14 years in prison. His plea, begging on some video I watched should not be acceptable.
We should all do all we can to support the girl’s foster mother, Princess, to ensure this case goes to court and fully tried, and maximum sentence passed on him” she wrote.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory