Prominent Islamic Cleric, Sheikh Gumi has stated that kidnapping children from school is a lesser evil to ransacking a town and killing its residents.
Gumi who reacted to the recent abduction of students from a school in Zamfara state in an interview on BBC pidgin, said the recent abduction was carried out because some bandits felt they were left out of peace talks initiated by the state government.
The Islamic cleric averred in the interview that the recent attack shows that his preaching is working and might bring an end to banditry in northern states. Gumi added that bandits are now careful with their victims, unlike before when they had no respect for human lives.
Watch the video below…
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78
- EFCC secures 3,328 convictions in 11 months – Chairman
- Buhari condoles with family of Gospel Musician, Sammie Okposo