Armed bandits killed two passengers and abducted three others in Jibia Local Government Area of Katsina State.
It was gathered that the bandits armed with sophisticated weapons attacked the Magamar Jibia border axis at about 9:15 pm on Saturday, October 22, 2022.
An eyewitness, on Sunday, narrated that before a joint police and military personnel repelled them, the hoodlums already stopped two vehicles along the major road, killed two passengers, and kidnapped three others.
“Before the police and soldiers fought them off, they stopped two vehicles, killed two passengers and kidnapped three. This is the picture of one of the victims,” the source said.
Spokesman for the Katsina State Police Command, SP Gambo Isah, who confirmed the incident, said one driver was shot dead before the terrorists were repelled.
“The terrorists waylaid two vehicles along Magamar-Jibia Road and shot one of the drivers. They did not enter the town. The terrorists were repelled. A body was later found in a nearby bush. Some passengers inside the two vehicles were also not seen and it is believed they might have been taken away by the terrorists.” he said.
However, some residents who also confirmed the incident said that the terrorists killed two people and kidnapped three others before security operatives repelled them.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt