Armed bandits killed two passengers and abducted three others in Jibia Local Government Area of Katsina State.
It was gathered that the bandits armed with sophisticated weapons attacked the Magamar Jibia border axis at about 9:15 pm on Saturday, October 22, 2022.
An eyewitness, on Sunday, narrated that before a joint police and military personnel repelled them, the hoodlums already stopped two vehicles along the major road, killed two passengers, and kidnapped three others.
“Before the police and soldiers fought them off, they stopped two vehicles, killed two passengers and kidnapped three. This is the picture of one of the victims,” the source said.
Spokesman for the Katsina State Police Command, SP Gambo Isah, who confirmed the incident, said one driver was shot dead before the terrorists were repelled.
“The terrorists waylaid two vehicles along Magamar-Jibia Road and shot one of the drivers. They did not enter the town. The terrorists were repelled. A body was later found in a nearby bush. Some passengers inside the two vehicles were also not seen and it is believed they might have been taken away by the terrorists.” he said.
However, some residents who also confirmed the incident said that the terrorists killed two people and kidnapped three others before security operatives repelled them.
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption
- DSS Didn’t Arrest Kano Guber Tribunal Judge — Spokesperson
- Bandits kill 10 farmers during harvest in Borno— Lawmaker
- Wike approves revocation of 165 plots of land in FCT
- Breaking….Kano govt. lifts 24hrs curfew
- Commissioner seeks synergy with revenue agency in Kwara
- We’re committed to Gov. AbdulRazaq’s Ease-of-Doing-Business in Kwara–Commissioner
- Kwara Govt launches distribution of textbooks, sports kits for public basic schools