Five kingpins of armed bandits’ groups in Zamfara State have been killed by air bombardments around Baranda forest, PRNigeria reports.
They were eliminated by attack jets of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) that have sustained aggressive raids at forests, housing bandits in the North West State.
The slain kingpins, namely: Hussaini Rabe, Murtala Sabe, Basiru Nasiru, Sama and Isah, were said to be loyal to a notorious bandit chief known as Abu Redde, it was gathered.
Local sources told PRNigeria that recent aerial bombardments by NAF fighter aircraft have led to the decimation of Zamfara bandits’ and their hideouts destroyed.
A local ‘asset’ working with the intelligence services, while speaking under the condition of anonymity, disclosed that ‘deadly’ airstrikes at Tsaunin Sani Forest in Yantumaki district of Danmusa Local Government Area (LGA), led to the death of over 26 bandits.
He said 13 motorcycles were destroyed in the onslaught of the air fighter troops.
He added: “Credible local sources also revealed that bandits have turned Dumburum village of Zurmi LGA as their treatment Centre where wounded bandits go for treatment.”
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List