Bandits have returned five among the 73 kidnapped students of Government Day Secondary School Kaya in Maradun Local Government Area of Zamfara State.
A former councilor of Kaya ward, Yahaya Kaya, who confirmed the release of the five students to Punch said his daughter, Amina, was among the students released by the bandits.
According to him, the five students were taken back to their hometown Kaya, around 01am on Thursday September 2.
He maintained that they were all in good health.
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter