Enugu assembly passes anti-grazing bill
Enugu State House of Assembly has passed the Prohibition of Open Grazing and Regulation of Cattle Ranching Bill into law.
The bill which also lays down markers for the implementation of cattle ranching, was passed two days after the House held a public hearing on the Bill.
The house considered a ‘Report of Public Hearing’ presented by Chairman of the joint Committee, Mrs Amaka Ugwueze, Emma Ugwuerua and Okwu Chinedu, Co-chairmen of the Committee.
While Leader of the House, Ikechukwu Ezeugwu, said the bill will help check farmers-herders clashes as well as killing and raping of women, Speaker of the House, Edward Ubosi during the public hearing said the anti-open grazing bill is not targeted at anybody or group but to promote peaceful co-existence.
It was also passed after Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state and Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo state signed their respective state’s anti-grazing bill into law.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate President: Group canvasses support for Akpabio
- Adamawa re-run election: CAN calls for calm
- FG confirms May 3 for commencement of 2023 Census
- Gov Adeleke entertains supporters with drumming skills (Video)
- Igbos will worship Tinubu if he can create seaport in Anambra– Cossy Ojiakor
- WAAFA: Cleric seeks support for orphans, less privileged
- Ilorin Emir’s palace ramadan tafsir begins on Monday
- INEC set to issue Certificate of Return to govs, deputy govs-elect
- Facts about Gen. Oladipo Diya as he dies at 79
- DSS raises alarm over plot to incite violence