Barcelona have completed the signing of Yusuf Demir on loan from Rapid Vienna with an option to buy.
The 18-year-old has been dubbed the ‘Austrian Messi’ for his style of play and stature.
The winger has earned a fine reputation at home after breaking into the Rapid Vienna team so young.
Demir will now hope to link up with Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi himself if the Argentina international does sign a new deal at Camp Nou.
Barcelona disclosed this in a statement via their website on Friday evening.
The statement partly read, “FC Barcelona and SK Rapid Vienna have reached an agreement on the loan of Yusuf Demir for the 2021/22 season.
“Barça is paying 500,000 euros for the operation and holds a non-mandatory option to purchase for 10 million.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal