Barcelona have completed the signing of Yusuf Demir on loan from Rapid Vienna with an option to buy.
The 18-year-old has been dubbed the ‘Austrian Messi’ for his style of play and stature.
The winger has earned a fine reputation at home after breaking into the Rapid Vienna team so young.
Demir will now hope to link up with Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi himself if the Argentina international does sign a new deal at Camp Nou.
Barcelona disclosed this in a statement via their website on Friday evening.
The statement partly read, “FC Barcelona and SK Rapid Vienna have reached an agreement on the loan of Yusuf Demir for the 2021/22 season.
“Barça is paying 500,000 euros for the operation and holds a non-mandatory option to purchase for 10 million.”
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges