Florida men’s basketball player, Keyontae Johnson is in a medically induced coma after collapsing during a game over the weekend.
Johnson, 21, collapsed during a Saturday game between the Gators and Florida State and was taken off the court on a stretcher and transported to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital.
His grandfather, Larry DeJarnett, told USA Today that Johnson has since been transported to Gainesville to continue his treatment and was placed in a coma on Monday.
“He may have had activity in the brain, so they induced the coma,” DeJarnett said. “They put him on medication to keep him sedated.”
Johnson, 21, who was voted the SEC’s preseason player of the year, was initially described as being in critical but stable condition when he was transported to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital.
It’s unclear what caused Johnson’s collapse with a diagnosis or prognosis yet to be provided.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA