John Adekolawole, the rector of the Federal Polytechnic in Ede, Osun state has been suspended by the institution’s academic board on grounds of “sleeping at work.”
Adekunle Masopa, chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) in the institution, said the board based its decision on 21 grounds.
Speaking after an emergency congress of the union, Masopa said a position paper was submitted to the union by the board after its meeting. They accused Adekolawole of desecrating the respected office of the rector with the creation of a bedroom furnished with a king-size bed which has made it possible for him to be ”sleeping at work.”
“We tried to intervene, but members of the academic board said they had taken a decision and that their decision would stand.
“They, however, said a position paper would be communicated to us. The said position paper has been communicated to us.
“The following are some of the reasons adduced for the action: one, flagrant dereliction of duty by absconding from office for about a month. Two, the desecration of the highly respected office of the rector with the creation of a bedroom furnished with a king-size bed which has made it possible for him to be sleeping at work.
“Improper improvisation of dual award programme of National Diploma plus NCE (Nigeria Certificate in Education) programme in collaboration with a consultant.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA