Bello, in a condolence message by his Chief Press Secretary, Mrs Mary Noel-Berje, in Minna on Friday, described the deceased as an accomplished administrator and a seasoned journalist.
The governor said that the legacies of Jakande had left indelible marks on Lagos State and the country at large.
He said in spite of the deceased’s old age, he was still relevant not just to the people of his state, but to the entire nation, adding that his wealth of knowledge and experience would be greatly missed.
“Late Baba Jakande was a great man who has accomplished a lot in the development of our nation.
“He was elderly and relevant not only to Lagos people, but to all of us as a nation. His wealth of knowledge and experiences will be seriously missed,” he said
The governor prayed to Allah to forgive all the shortcomings of the deceased and grant his soul Aljanna Firdausi.
He also prayed to Allah to grant the deceased’s immediate family members, friends and close associates as well as the government of Lagos State the fortitude to bear the loss.
Late Jakande was a renowned journalist before becoming the first democratically elected governor of Lagos state as well as a former Minister for Works under late Gen. Sani Abacha
He died at the age of 91.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal