- She provides home services to customers
- Naomi does car wash anywhere you call her
- She charges N350 per car
A young University graduate from the Department of Food Science, University of Ilorin, Miss Naomi Jibrin, has made history by becoming the first female mobile car wash operator in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.
In encounter with ROYAL NEWS, Naomi, an indigene of Idah, in Kogi state explained the rationale behind her settling for the business meant for the men folk.
According to her, “I am the second child of the family of four and I was born on 29th August 1995. I had my Primary and secondary Education at Great Michael’s Comprehensive College before I proceeded to the University of Ilorin where I studied B.sc in Food Science.
“In me lies so many ideas on how to make Nigeria a better place and a job filled country as I have loved to be an entrepreneur from my early days as an undergraduate. Before now I had worked in so many places in a bookshop, car wash, as a baby sitter and so many others.” READ ALSO:E-X-P-O-S-E-D: Kwara has 90 magistrates with 30 courtrooms— Sambo
She added that, “I started my entrepreneur career by knitting slippers, cap, shoes and lot more. I started making money at age 18 by selling peanut from house to house at Bonny Island in Rivers State. The drive came up my father lost his job, I used to think people are OK not until when everything got bad and we began to struggle.
“My dad lost everything he had and things became tough even to eat two square meal was difficult. My family became my drive when I saw my dad tearing because he could not give us what we needed. It was there I told myself I will go out and work with my hands to make money.
“Having an automobile washing company has been one of my passion ever since I got an opportunity to work in a car wash some years back. But, due to lack of fund to bring it to pass I decided to start a mobile car wash service. I have also acquired the knowledge of producing natural foods as a food scientists.” READ ALSO:Ogun Lawyers boycott courtroom, protest against bad roads
The UNILORIN graduates further stressed that, “currently I am producing natural seasoning cube and am also involved in other businesses. I started pursuing this while I was an undergraduate but due to lack of fund I couldn’t continue.
“As a result of my aspiration, I applied for a loan on several occasions but all the was in vain, so, I decided to start with the mobile car wash service. I believe we can make Nigeria great by helping the youths who are ready to work. I stand to say Nigerian youth are not lazy we are ready to work as much as capital is available. I remains Najio’s wide.”
Facebook Comments Box
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs