The Economic Financial and Crimes Commission, (EFCC), Ilorin Zonal office has trapped the suspended chairmen of the 16 Local Government Chairmen of Kwara State over alleged misappropriation of part of the N4billion loan and 10 percent of State internally generated revenue.
They are; Risikat Opakunle, Saidu Yaru Musa, Umar Belle, Ayeni Dallas, Fatai Adeniyi Garba, Lah Abdulmumeen, Raliat Funmi Salau, Aminat Omodara, Muyiwa Oladipo.
Others are, Oladipo Omole, Abdullahi Abubakar Bata, Saka Eleyele, Lateef Gbadamosi, Oni Adebayo Joseph, Omokanye Joshua Olatunji and Jibril Salihu.
It was gathered that the Council Chiefs after securing the controversial loans held a meeting and decided that one hundred million naira be shared among themselves.
The Suspects had on the 7th of February 2018 wrote a four billion naira loan request to the Ilorin Sterling Bank Manager in order to pay the Salary Arrears The State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) Teachers, Local Government Staff and the Local Government Pensioners while the provisions for one hundred million for Council Chairmen was not appropriated in the loan request.
The Embattled Politician were also accused of diverting monthly ten percent of the internally generated revenue for their personal use which was paid direct into their personal accounts against the Financial Regulations.
All the suspects while undergoing interrogation by the operatives of the Commission admitted that one hundred million naira was shared from the loan and also received ten percent of the internally generated revenue.
They are pleading with the EFCC to give them time the pay back what they benefited from Government’s money.
As at the time of filing this report, The Kwara Politicians are still in the Custody of the EFCC and be charged to Court.
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations