The remains of the seven personnel of the Nigeria Air Force who died in the crash that happened close to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja on Sunday, February 21, have been laid to rest. They were buried at the military cemetery in Abuja today February 25 amidst tears.
The deceased include Flight Lieutenant Haruna Gadzama (Captain), Flight Lieutenant Henry Piyo (Co-Pilot), Flying Officer Micheal Okpara (Airborne Tactical Observation System (ATOS) Specialist) and Warrant Officer Bassey Etim (ATOS Specialist), Flight Sergeant Olasunkanmi Olawunmi (ATOS Specialist), Sergeant Ugochukwu Oluka (ATOS Specialist), and Aircraftman Adewale Johnson (Onboard Technician).
May their souls rest in peace, Amen. Read a brief biography of the deceased and see more photos from the funeral below;
Late Flight Lieutenant Chiroma Haruna Gadzama, the pilot of the crashed plane, was born in January 11, 1990 in Kaduna. He hailed from Askira-Uba Local Government Area of Borno State. He was enlisted into the Nigerian Air Force as a member od Nigerian Defence Academy Regular Course 62 ON 14 August 2010 and commissioned pilot on 14 August 2020. Until his death, he was serving as a Squadron Pilot at 307 Executive Airlift Group, Abuja. He was not married.
Flight Lieutenant Piyo Henry Piyo was born on 11 May 1991 in Jos. He hailed from Riyom Local Government Area of Plateau State. He was enlisted into the Nigerian Air Force as a member of the Nigerian Defence Academy Regular Course 62 on 14 August 2010 and commissioned Pilot on 12 September 2015. Until his death, he was serving as a Squadron Pilot at the 307 Executive Airlift Group Abuja. He was single.
Flying Officer Micheal Ifeanyi Okpara was born on 11 September 1995 at Takum in Taraba State. He hailed from Afikpo North Local Government Area of Ebonyi State. He was enlisted into the Nigerian Air Force as a member of the Nigerian Defence Academy Regular Course 65 on 21 September 2013 and commissioned Pilot Officer on 13 October 2018. He was married with two children
Warrant Officer Bassey Asuquo Etim, was born on 24 December 1973 in Kaduna. He hailed from Akpabuyo Local Government Area of Cross River State. He was enlisted into the Nigerian Air Force on 15 July 1996.
Flight Sergeant Olasunkanmi Ojo Olawunmi was born on 30 March 1983. He hailed from Ekiti South Local Government Area of Ekiti State. He was enlisted into the Nigerian Air Force on 1 March 2002.
Aircraftman Adewale Stephen Johnson was born on 9June 1996. He hailed from Ibadan South East Local Government Area of Oyo State. He was enlisted into the Nigerian Air Force on 5 August 2017.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children