BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
The court of appeal sitting in Abuja has reinstated Ademola Adeleke as the governor of Osun state.
Delivering judgment in the appeal filed by Adeleke on Friday, a three-member panel of justices held that the election tribunal erred when it ruled that the 1st and 2nd respondents (Gboyega Oyetola and the All Progressives Congress) proved their allegation of over-voting.
According to the panel of judges which issued its verdict on Friday, Adeleke is the duly elected governor of the state.
The Osun governorship election tribunal, in January, held that Oyetola was able to prove that there was over-voting in some of the polling units.
Consequently, the majority judgment of the tribunal ordered INEC to withdraw the certificate of return issued to Adeleke and issue a fresh one to Oyetola as the duly elected governor of Osun.
Dissatisfied with the ruling, Adeleke appealed the judgment at the court of appeal.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office
- Increase workers minimum wage to N200,000 – TUC tells FG
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike