Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents
Kwara Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has sympathised with residents of Ilorin and some communities in the state who were affected by the rainstorm and flooding of Thursday night.
The Governor described the incidents as unfortunate.
“The Governor is sad about the havocs that the rainstorm wreaked on public and private properties, especially in Ilorin metropolis, Oke Ero, and some other areas,” according to a government statement on Friday.
“The Governor is aware of and commends the ongoing efforts of relevant government agencies to evacuate the many fallen signposts and clear the highways for free movement of traffic.
“While the state government will collaborate with the Federal Government to continually tackle the question of flooding, the government appeals to members of the public to avoid littering the drainages or blocking free flow of water.”
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
March 24, 2023
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu swears in Akume as SGF
- Why we didn’t embark on strike over subsidy removal– NLC
- No-Man’s Land: Lagos to make laws toprotect indigenes
- Peace Mass Transit says bus fares will not be increased despite fuel price
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa