The Australian National Imams Council has announced that Saturday, May 23, will be the last day of the holy month of Ramadan, and Sunday, May 24 will be the first day of Shawwal, as well as Eid Al Fitr.
According to report, the council said: “Although we have been deprived of attending the mosques during this holy month of Ramadan due to the current situation of Covid-19, Allah SWT has not deprived us from the honour of worshipping him.
ROYAL NEWS furthers that, “It has been by Allah’s grace that our homes have transformed into mosques, full of the remembrance of Allah, supplication to him and the recitation of the Holy Quran. We thank Allah SWT for granting us the opportunity to worship Him throughout the month of Ramadan.
“After consulting members of the Australian Fatwa Council and further inquiries to the local and global observatories, it has been confirmed that the new moon of the month of Shawwal will set before sunset on Friday, May 22, which is Ramadan 29. Thus, the ability to sight the moon on that day in Australia after sunset is impossible,” it added.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63