The Australian National Imams Council has announced that Saturday, May 23, will be the last day of the holy month of Ramadan, and Sunday, May 24 will be the first day of Shawwal, as well as Eid Al Fitr.
According to report, the council said: “Although we have been deprived of attending the mosques during this holy month of Ramadan due to the current situation of Covid-19, Allah SWT has not deprived us from the honour of worshipping him.
ROYAL NEWS furthers that, “It has been by Allah’s grace that our homes have transformed into mosques, full of the remembrance of Allah, supplication to him and the recitation of the Holy Quran. We thank Allah SWT for granting us the opportunity to worship Him throughout the month of Ramadan.
“After consulting members of the Australian Fatwa Council and further inquiries to the local and global observatories, it has been confirmed that the new moon of the month of Shawwal will set before sunset on Friday, May 22, which is Ramadan 29. Thus, the ability to sight the moon on that day in Australia after sunset is impossible,” it added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate