BREAKING….Ekweremadu, Beatrice finally bag jailterm in UK
Former Nigeria’s Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu and his wife Beatrice have been sentenced by a United Kingdom Court on Friday.
While Ekweremadu was sentenced to 10years jailterm, Beatrice was sent to six years in prison for a plot to harvest human organ.
It would be recalled that the House of Representatives has earlier appealed to the Central Criminal Court, United Kingdom, to temper justice with mercy.
This followed the adoption of a motion of urgent public importance raised by the deputy minority leader of the House, Hon. Toby Okechukwu during the plenary session of the House on Tuesday.
The lawmakers also asked the United Kingdom government to interfere in the sentencing of Ike Ekweremadu, and his wife, Beatrice.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari