The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has urged the Muslim faithful people extend charity, support and benevolence to the less privilege during the holy month of ramadan.
He stated this on Monday night at a joint meeting held by the Ilorin Emirate Council and the Council of Ulama shortly after the Emir consulted with the Sultan Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar of Sokoto, Emir Muhammadu Ilyasu Bashar of Gwandu and Etsu Abubakar Yahaya of Bida respectively.
The Emir who spoke through his Spokesperson, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, enjoined the people of Ilorin Emirate and beyond to join in the commencement of the year 2021 ramadan fasting which commenced tomorrow (Tuesday).
The statement confirmed that the announcement is in line with the directive of the Sultan of Sokoto and President-General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, His Eminence Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar III.
The Emir charged Muslim ummah to use the month of Ramadan to move closer to Almighty Allah by engaging in good deeds, charity, humanitarian services, supplications as well as seeking forgiveness at all times.
He however congratulates them for witnessing another glorious month of ramadan stressing that such privilege should be used to foster peaceful coexistence among religions adherence in the state.
The emir therefore advised religious leaders to abide by the state government’s directives towards curbing the spread of COVID-19 infection in the state by observing social distancing and maintaining public and personal hygiene during and after the spiritual exercise of fasting.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption