A former Military Governor of Kwara State, Gen. Abdullahi Ahmed (rtd) is dead. He was aged 75.
ROYAL NEWS reports that late Gen. Ahmed was military administrator of Kwara State between 1987 and 1988.
Meanwhile, Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of Kwara state has described his death as a great national loss, calling him a patriot and fine military officer who served the country meritoriously
A statement issued by his Spokesperson, Rafiu Ajakaye, said: “His Excellency commiserates with the people and government of Nasarawa, the home state of the late brigadier-general, as well as his immediate family and the APC fold on this sad loss. The Governor recalls the illustrious military career of the one-time Director of Military Intelligence (DMI) and his contributions to national development as a former Minister of Communications, Social Development, Youths and Sports,” according to a statement on Saturday.
“The Governor prays the Almighty God to repose the soul of the General and comfort the family he left behind.”
See picture from his Janaza prayers:
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes