Breaking: Federal Govt okays full reopening of schools
The Federal Government has given the green light for schools administrators to begin the process for full reopening of schools across the country.
The National Coordinator of the Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19, Dr Sani Aliyu, during a briefing at the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport, Abuja, said the task force recommends phased return of students.
Aliyu said: “For educational institutions which include daycare, primary, secondary and tertiary institutions. Educational institutions should begin the process of working towards potentially reopening within this phase.”
Aliyu, however, warned that states must conduct risk assessment for schools so as to maintain compliance to the COVID-19 protocols.
“However, we strongly recommend that states conduct risk assessment to ensure all schools are at a level of compliance and create a monitoring mechanism to assess, create, and monitor this level of preparedness.
“Meanwhile, all daycares and educational institutions are to remain closed to in-classes until this level of risk is assessed. And if there will be opening of schools, it must be staged and preferably carried out in phases to ensure that this does not pose a risk to the general public and in particular to vulnerable groups that might end up getting infected by students going back home.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Nigeria to launch two more satellites into space soon – Defence Agency
- NSCDC arrests 9 over alleged meter bypass in Osun
- INEC issues Certificate of Return to Zamfara gov-elect, deputy
- Osun Govt explains delay of civil servants’ March salaries
- Singer “Portable” cooling feet in police custody
- Interim Govt: DSS raising fake alarm, ploy to arrest opposition– Atiku
- Yul Edochie reports son’s death to Police for investigation
- Election: Nigerians in USA get permission to hold protest opposite White House
- Github fires its entire India engineering team, over 140 employees
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)