Report coming from Kano has confirmed that the State House of Assembly has suspended five lawmakers for six months over the last week rowdy session in the house.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the suspended members suspended are; Garba Yau-Gwarmai, (APC, Kunchi/Tsanyawa) Labaran Abdul Madari, (APC, Warawa) Isyaku Ali Danja, (PDP, Gezawa), Mohammed Bello (APC, Rimin gado/Tofa) and and Salisu Ahmed-Gwamgwazo, (APC, Kano Municipal) respectively.
The Speaker, Abdulazeez Gafasa who announced the suspension of the members at the resumption on Monday said the members were suspended for misconduct and violation of the rules of the house.
He said: “the five members were suspended for violating the rules of the house especially Order IV Sub 4 a, b, d and e disrupted the sittings of the house and prevented proceedings from going on.
“They behaved violently and even attempted to snatch away the mace in a clear attempt to sabotage the sitting of the house.”
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline