Report coming from Kano has confirmed that the State House of Assembly has suspended five lawmakers for six months over the last week rowdy session in the house.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the suspended members suspended are; Garba Yau-Gwarmai, (APC, Kunchi/Tsanyawa) Labaran Abdul Madari, (APC, Warawa) Isyaku Ali Danja, (PDP, Gezawa), Mohammed Bello (APC, Rimin gado/Tofa) and and Salisu Ahmed-Gwamgwazo, (APC, Kano Municipal) respectively.
The Speaker, Abdulazeez Gafasa who announced the suspension of the members at the resumption on Monday said the members were suspended for misconduct and violation of the rules of the house.
He said: “the five members were suspended for violating the rules of the house especially Order IV Sub 4 a, b, d and e disrupted the sittings of the house and prevented proceedings from going on.
“They behaved violently and even attempted to snatch away the mace in a clear attempt to sabotage the sitting of the house.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector