AUTHORITY of the Department of State Services (DSS) has vowed to sanction its personnel for negligence over the security breach in the futile attempt made by one Mohammed Guddare to have an unauthorized handshake with President Muhammadu Buhari.
Dr Peter Afunanya, the Public Relations Officer of the service disclosed this in a statement on Sunday in Abuja.
“The service has reviewed the video of the incident and is taking measures against its personnel found to have been negligent in their duties,” he said.
Afunanya dismissed reports that presidential details killed the intruder that tried to break the security cordon to attack the president at Argungu, Kebbi State on March 12.
He said the intruder made overzealous but futile attempt to have an unauthorized handshake with the President thus breaching security protocols.
Afunanya said Guddare was stopped by security details and arrested for a thorough investigation.
According to him, a preliminary investigation has revealed that he is not a hostile person, but an overzealous enthusiast of the president.
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded
- Justice Nyako seeks appointment of more judges for speedy justice dispensation
- Tinubu in Abuja not in the United States says APC PCC
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1
- Late KWASU VC: University Releases Appreciation Notification