AUTHORITY of the Department of State Services (DSS) has vowed to sanction its personnel for negligence over the security breach in the futile attempt made by one Mohammed Guddare to have an unauthorized handshake with President Muhammadu Buhari.
Dr Peter Afunanya, the Public Relations Officer of the service disclosed this in a statement on Sunday in Abuja.
“The service has reviewed the video of the incident and is taking measures against its personnel found to have been negligent in their duties,” he said.
Afunanya dismissed reports that presidential details killed the intruder that tried to break the security cordon to attack the president at Argungu, Kebbi State on March 12.
He said the intruder made overzealous but futile attempt to have an unauthorized handshake with the President thus breaching security protocols.
Afunanya said Guddare was stopped by security details and arrested for a thorough investigation.
According to him, a preliminary investigation has revealed that he is not a hostile person, but an overzealous enthusiast of the president.
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector