Following the global coronavirus pandemic, Queen Elizabeth II has ran from Buckingham Palace, according to reports.
The Queen, 93, and Prince Phillip, 98, were chauffeured off to Windsor Castle this weekend, where they’ll remain in quarantine should the outbreak worsen in the United Kingdom.
“She is in good health but it was thought best to move her,” a source told the outlet.
Buckingham Palace, about a 25-mile drive from Windsor Castle, is in the middle of London and sees a constant flow of visitors, the source said justifying the move.
“The Queen has met a lot of people there until recently. But she is weeks away from her 94th birthday and advisers believe it is best to get her out of harm’s way,” the source added.
The Mirror reported that the Queen was simply taking part in her routine weekend trip to the castle, with the expectation of returning to London next week — though plans for a quarantine have been made if the spread of the virus intensifies.
There are more than 1,400 reported cases in the UK including deaths.
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin