Three women with explosives strapped to their bodies were shot to death by soldiers in the Maidiguri area of Borno on Friday, November 11.
Premium Times reports that the explosion could be heard across the capital as the three women were killed after their bomb went off as a result of the shooting.
Victor Isuku who is the police spokesperson in the state confirmed the killing of the terrorists.
He said: “This morning at about 0530hrs, three (3) female suicide bombers with IED strapped to their bodies were sighted by military patrol team in Umarari village, near Mulai towards Maiduguri.
“They were promptly gun down and the IED on two of them exploded killing all three of them.
The unexploded IED on the third was rendered safe and detonated by Police bomb disposal Unit who promptly mobilized to the scene”.
Damian Chukwu who is the state commissioner of police blamed the coming of dry season for the increase in terrorist attack as they now had access to the city through bush paths.
Facebook Comments Box
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra