The Executive Governor of Kwara State, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed has approved the dissolution of the local government councils of Asa, Baruten, Edu, Ekiti, Ifelodun, Ilorin East, Ilorin West, Ilorin South, Irepodun, Isin, Kaiama, Moro, Offa, Oke-Ero, Oyun and Pategi.
The dissolution of the Local Government Councils, which is contained in the Kwara State Legal Notices No.4-19, is in exercise of the Governor’s power conferred on him by section 18(5) (c) of the Kwara State Local Government Law (as amended) cap K33, Laws of Kwara State.
The dissolution of the councils is with effect from today, 4th Day of November, 2016. As a result, all the affected public office holders including the Chairmen, Vice Chairmen, Councillors, Secretaries to the Local Government Councils and Supervisors shall immediately vacate their offices and handover to their respective Directors of Personnel Management (DPMs)
Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed appreciates the contributions and support of the affected officers towards the development of the state and wishes them success in their future endeavours.
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy
- Nigeria is not broke, says finance minister
- Aree of Ogele felicitates with Sulu-Gambari on SAN attainment
- 2023: INEC, NUJ collaborate on election, conflict-sensitive reporting
- Senate President cautions against Vote-trading in 2023 poll
- FG approves mother tongue as compulsory language in primary schools
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule
- Police cautions governors against frustrating opposition parties’ campaign
- We’ll recover semester, session lost to strike – ASUU