The death of the Emir of Jere in Kaduna state, His Royal Highness, Dr. Saad Usman, has been confirmed by ROYAL NEWS.
The late monarch who was also the husband of Senator Esther Nenadi Usman, a Minister of Finance during the Olusegun Obasanjo administration.
Younger brother to the late Emir, Alhaji Aminu Jere announced the death on Wednesday saying he just lost a brother in the person of Dr Usman.
Alhaji Aminu Jere said , “Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Illaihi Rajiun. I just lost a brother in person of HRH the Sarkin Jere, Dr Saad Usman, PhD.”
He noted the burial would hold at Jere by 2.00 pm today, “Janazah at Jere, by 2 pm Insha Allah.”
Dr Sa’ad Usman was at various times, Secretary of the Kaduna State Government, aside from other superior positions he had occupied in government circle.
The late Monarch was hospitalized in London, following injuries he sustained during an altercation that ensued between him and some locals, who were alleged to have hit him with an object.
- ICPC: D’banj breaks silence after release
- Tinubu better than Peter Obi, but he’s a drug lord– Reno
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity