Barely few hours after the declaration of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to contest Nigeria’s President in 2023, the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu has said the VP is not his son.
He stated this on Monday in Abuja, in an interview with newsmen shortly after meeting with 12 APC governors.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the meeting at Kebbi Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro in Abuja, came hours after Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo joined the 2023 presidential race.
Asked to comment on the declaration of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who is seen by many as his political son, for presidency, Tinubu simply said, “I don’t have any son grown up enough to make such declaration.”
He, however, said his meeting with state governors on the platform of the party to seek collaboration, support and encouragement concerning his 2023 presidential ambition.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Ndudi Elumelu wins PDP Reps ticket for 5th term
- FG imposes new tax on phone-calls to fund healthcare
- Abia Speaker wins PDP’s ticket for House of Reps
- Ali Isa emerges as PDP’s Balanga/Billiri Federal Constituency, Gombe, candidate
- Breaking…..Wahab Issa, Mohammed Ajia declared winner of PDP Reps primaries
- Lagos PDP calls for cancellation of primaries
- Commission begins screening of intending Christian pilgrims
- Ortom expresses satisfaction with work on roads, other projects
- 2023 Presidency: Lawan begs Kano to swing in his favour
- I’ll reform education sector if elected president —Lawan