Barely few hours after the declaration of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to contest Nigeria’s President in 2023, the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu has said the VP is not his son.
He stated this on Monday in Abuja, in an interview with newsmen shortly after meeting with 12 APC governors.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the meeting at Kebbi Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro in Abuja, came hours after Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo joined the 2023 presidential race.
Asked to comment on the declaration of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who is seen by many as his political son, for presidency, Tinubu simply said, “I don’t have any son grown up enough to make such declaration.”
He, however, said his meeting with state governors on the platform of the party to seek collaboration, support and encouragement concerning his 2023 presidential ambition.
Facebook Comments Box
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated