By Nanchang Paul, Jos
The Plateau Elders Forum, (PEF), has lamented the killings of innocent persons in Kanam local government council of the state .
ROYAL NEWS gathered through a statement issued by its spokesman, Mr. Jonathan Ishaku, on Monday that the group said: “Just within a week of our press release condemning terrorist attacks on Miango villages in Bassa Local Government area (LGA) and Rantis in Barkin Ladi LGA, bandits have allegedly killed several persons, wounded many and abducted over 70 in Kanam LGA yesterday.
The group said: “This is again, very sad and we strongly condemn it. This seemingly escalation of violence on our communities further justifies the earlier call the Plateau Elders Forum made on the Plateau State Government in conjunction with the security forces to deal drastically with terrorists in the state.
“Meanwhile we extend our condolences to the bereaved families and succour to the injured. The security should ensure the immediate rescue of all abducted persons.”
Facebook Comments Box
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated