By Nanchang Paul ,Jos
No fewer than 78 persons have been killed by bandits in communities across Kanam Local Government Area of Plateau State, ROYAL NEWS reports.
In addition, about 70 victims were abducted while many houses were also set ablaze, according to eye witness accounts.
Communities affected are; Kukawa, Gyambawu, Dungur, Kyaram, Yelwa, Dadda, Wanka, Shuwaka, Gwammadaji and Dadin Kowa villages of Garga in Kanam Local Government Area.
A member of the affected communities, Mr Fanya Ali, who spoke to our correspondent said that 36 persons were killed in Kukawa while in Gyambau 24 persons lost their lives others, he further added that in 8 persons were killed in Kyaram and 10 persons killed in Wanka making it 78 .
He also added that the number of dead bodies in the bush is unknown while the number of houses burnt are also not yet ascertained.
“Many victims were admitted in Dengi general hospital and Jos University teaching hospital, (JUTH), he added.
Another eyewitness who gave his name as Sarki Bitrus further added that Over 70 persons were abducted, adding that, “those abducted were women and children.”
Bitrus urther added that several persons in the communities are currently displaced following the invasion of their homes by the gunmen .
The Spokesperson of the State Police Command, ASP Ubah Gabriel, who spoke to our correspondent said they can not give the exact number of casualties for now .
He said our men since yesterday have been deployed to the affected communities, saying: “I would give you the full details of the number of casualties soon.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES