Col. Buhari, the Course 4 President, was also announced as the participant with the ‘Best Paper’, during a graduation ceremony, held at the TY Buratai Auditorium inside WU Bassey Barracks.
He received the Chief of Army Staff, ‘COAS Golden Award’ for coming tops among his course mates.
Special guest of honour, Maj. Gen. Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd), restated Federal Government’s commitment towards providing necessary support and also boosting the capacity of the officers and men of the Nigerian Armed Forces.
Magashi, the Minister of Defence, acknowledged the growing strides been recorded by the Army War College within the short time of its establishment, urging the participants to bring to bare in their duties the requisite knowledge and training they may have gained during the course.
“To our graduands and future operational level commanders, I must say that it is your responsibility to understand and situate yourself in the ever-changing character of conflicts and the complexities of the global contemporary security environment.
“lt is therefore, my firm belief, that upholding the standards set for this level of training would develop the much needed capacity to overcome our current and future security challenges as a nation,” he said.
In his remark, Maj. Gen. Solomon Effiong Odounwa, Commandant of the College, said Army War Colleges, world over, l are higher military learning institutions which hold the pride of place as centres of excellence for military professionalism and operational level leadership training.
He said that in just about 4 years after the establishment of the Naval War College Nigeria, the College has imbibed global best practices and universal values in the conduct of training across the spectrum of its course modules.
“This is bearing in mind that the learning objectives of the institution are built around national security, military strategy, theatre strategy and operational art,” Maj. Gen. Odounwa added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory