In a congratulatory message issued by his Spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina, in Abuja on Thursday, Buhari joined family and friends to celebrate with the “retired eminent jurist, whose leadership antecedents continue to inspire others.’’
Buhari appreciated the “noble and highly commendable roles” he played as a former Justice of Appeal Court, Judge of the High Court, administrator, community developer and foremost nationalist.
He extolled the emir’s humility and modernising vision for his domain and the country at large, and for consistently urging both the young and the old to pursue dreams of acquiring a good education and working for the betterment of the society.
The president, while stating that the royal father had contributed greatly to the development of sports in Nigeria, prayed for longer life and good health for him. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections