In a congratulatory message issued by his Spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina, in Abuja on Thursday, Buhari joined family and friends to celebrate with the “retired eminent jurist, whose leadership antecedents continue to inspire others.’’
Buhari appreciated the “noble and highly commendable roles” he played as a former Justice of Appeal Court, Judge of the High Court, administrator, community developer and foremost nationalist.
He extolled the emir’s humility and modernising vision for his domain and the country at large, and for consistently urging both the young and the old to pursue dreams of acquiring a good education and working for the betterment of the society.
The president, while stating that the royal father had contributed greatly to the development of sports in Nigeria, prayed for longer life and good health for him. (NAN)
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi