President Muhammadu Buhari has arrived at the national assembly to present the 2023 appropriation bill.
The budget presentation, which is the last before he hands over to his successor, is taking place at the improvised House of Representatives chamber.
While he would be presenting an appropriation bill of N19.76 trillion, the national assembly had already approved the medium-term expenditure framework (MTEF) and fiscal strategy paper (FSP) parameters on which the 2023 budget will be framed.
There is heavy presence of personnel from military, paramilitary and safety agencies on the premises.
Men of the Nigerian Army, Nigeria Police Force, Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Department of State Services, Federal Road Safety Corps, Federal Fire Service and sergeants-at-arms were deployed for the special duty.
The security operatives have manned strategic points in and around the building, with stricter security checks on vehicles and persons entering the building.
Select members of staff, essential service providers and journalists were issued tags to gain access into the premises.
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution