Femi Adesina, the special adviser to the president on media and publicity, told Channels TV in an interview that the constitution empowers Yemi Osinbajo to act as president if Buhari is not back to the country within 21 days.
He made the statement when defending the president’s decision to seek medical treatment in the United Kingdom.
The aide also dismissed the suggestion that Buhari’s trip abroad has created a power vacuum. He said the Osinbajo will attend to critical issues during Buhari’s absence.
Adesina said: “The nation is running, there is a vice president who will attend to critical issues. There is no vacuum and a constitutional amendment has sorted that out.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo