ROYAL NEWS reports that the afrobeat singer’s ‘Twice as Tall Album’ won Best Global Music album at the 63rd Grammy awards, which was held in March in Los Angeles, United States of America.
The singer took to his Instagram page @burnaboygram to announce the award of plaque, as he posted photos and a video clip of himself with the plaque.
”Early Morning deliveries from across the pond.
“My parents prayed for excellent children, not houses, cars or “things”.
“They asked my sisters for stellar degrees; one got a first class in Finance, the other got a Distinction in Engineering.
“They asked me for a Grammy, and here we are. I am a product of sacrifice. Thank God and thank you all again,” he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Nigerian Afrobeats star won awards at the 2021 Grammys alongside Wizkid.
Burna Boy won the Best Global Music Album category, while Wizkid won the Best Music Video for his song with American music star, Beyoncé, ‘Brown Skin Girl, from Lion King: The Gift album’.
Meanwhile, some of Burna Boy’s fans had taken to his instagram page to relive and praise the singer’s achievement
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated