UEFA will pay Bayern Munich €19million for winning this year’s Champions League ahead of Paris Saint-Germain.
The Europe top football governing body will also pay PSG €15million for losing the Champions League final to Bayern, Express UK reports.
Bayern defeated the French Ligue 1 champions 1-0 on Sunday night in Lisbon, Portugal, to lift their sixth Champions League trophy, thanks to Kingsley Coman’s header goal in the second half of the encounter.
Below is the full prize money breakdown for the 2019/20 Champions League:
Base fee for group stage: €15,250,000
Group match victory: €2,700,000
Group match draw: €900,000
Round of 16: €9,500,000
Losing finalist: €15,000,000
Winning the Final: €19,000,000
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal