Biafra Nations Youth League, BNYL, on Monday warned that the alleged incessant killings of pro-Biafra supporters by security operatives could give rise to “hit and hide,” style of agitation in the Southeast and South-South.
BNYL issued the warning in a response to the clash between members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, and security operatives on Sunday.
Several people were feared dead during the clash which occurred in Enugu.
Reacting, the Deputy National Leader of BNYL, Ebuta Takon Akor warned that another clash might be worse than that of the Emene, especially “If security operatives interfere with their National Convention coming up on 28 September in Enugu.”
Akor, in a statement forwarded to ROYAL NEWS said: “The security agencies are stupidly arresting and killing our people who identify with the movement and at the same time, they are aiding the Fulani jihadists to be attacking our land. We won’t keep silent forever.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign