Biafra Nations Youth League, BNYL, on Monday warned that the alleged incessant killings of pro-Biafra supporters by security operatives could give rise to “hit and hide,” style of agitation in the Southeast and South-South.
BNYL issued the warning in a response to the clash between members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, and security operatives on Sunday.
Several people were feared dead during the clash which occurred in Enugu.
Reacting, the Deputy National Leader of BNYL, Ebuta Takon Akor warned that another clash might be worse than that of the Emene, especially “If security operatives interfere with their National Convention coming up on 28 September in Enugu.”
Akor, in a statement forwarded to ROYAL NEWS said: “The security agencies are stupidly arresting and killing our people who identify with the movement and at the same time, they are aiding the Fulani jihadists to be attacking our land. We won’t keep silent forever.”
- Breaking: Buhari wades into Naira new notes scarcity
- Fuel scarcity worsens, bites harder in FCT
- No new CP in Lagos state, says Police command
- Osun Tribunal: Sanwo-Olu congratulates Oyetola
- New Naira: Tight security at banks against customers’ attack
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments